- not proper parents; CLEARLY SATTHALTROPE AND — well, that wouldn’t be Quences because Quences went and asked the Academy to let the Doctor attend. Maybe it was Ulysses or something. The Noble and Ancient House of Lungbarrow continues.
- How are we travelling to pre-Time War Gallifrey? Logically, with a Time War, the entirety of Gallifreyan history is part of the Time War. IT’S A FUCKING TIME WAR, THE WHOLE OF CREATION. You have people going back further and further to undo things.
- I liked seeing the TARDIS underwater.
- So the night guard didn’t think that a man, alone, sneaking into a children’s home at night was super sketch?
- So kids are supposed to ignore wrong things, say they’ll never speak of them, and never react to them. Does anyone look over Moffat’s scripts?
- Meeeeeehhhhhhhh episode, after one that I didn’t particularly like other than a few good moments (I really, really wanted someone to punch that Robin in the face. A lot.)
- “NO NO NOT THE HUGGING NO NO NO I’M AGAINST THE HUGGING.” If you come over here, we will sit and not hug.
- Also, if the army is an option instead of the Academy, then there’s definitely something up there. I mean, shobogan wasn’t even mentioned as a career path. Definitely wrong. Does the army here include the Chancellory Guard? Or are they Time Lords as well, not just ordinary Gallifreyans? (That was never made clear)
- Also also there are cloud sculptors and bureaucrats SO MANY BUREAUCRATS so I don’t know why it’s army vs. Academy especially when it’s only about, what, 4000 Time Lords around, including Academy attendants?
- WAS BRAX IN THAT HOUSE? IT SAID ‘OTHER BOYS’ BRAX WAS SO THERE THAT’S MY STORY I’M STICKING TO IT.
- I bet Glospin was the one to tell Snail/bbTheta that he would have to join the army if he didn’t go to the Academy. Glospin, you asshole.
- why is there even a barn in the first place the House of Lungbarrow was on a hill there would be no barn
- Who was even president at this time? Saran? Morbius? (If Morbius, army has a point)
- Look you can’t bring up new shit on Gallifrey and not expect it to be scrutinised with something of similar power to that Scanning Transmission Electron Holography Microscope.
*crawls back into the hole with Gallifrey and the Lucie Miller stories*
TO BE FAIR the doctor never really did make a great time lord like. ever. so they weren’t wrong
they bashed a kid’s head in with a rock and burned the body in the woods at like age 10
Actually it was age 7
And then when it turned out that murder had consequences they fobbed said consequences off on the Master
how do we know that wasn’t why they were crying in the barn
no one ever came to comfort koschei
if you don’t count Death asking him to be her champion.
idk man i wouldn’t feel too comforted if i had just burned a body and then death itself came and asked to be my friend. at age seven.
I have a lot of critics for the newest episode, but there is one moment I adore. One tiny thing.
The moment Theta opens his eyes and looks up to see the stars outside.
The way it is captured in his eyes.
Does it remember you on something? Does it?
HERE YOU HAVE THE BOY WITH THE UNIVERSE IN HIS EYES AND THEN YOU HAVE THE BOY WITH THE VORTEX IN HIS EYES
And do you see the fear? The similarity of it and yet there is the difference.
They both see the universe just Koschei sees the power, the entity and the destruction. TIME. Everything together and how it is hold together, patterns upon patterns. And Theta sees one moment. Sees moment after moment and yet just one picture at a time. The details. SPACE
and GODDAMMIT MY HEART…
they said the Doctor wanted to join the army. no, seriously, what army? the only “army” i could think of was The Chancellory Guard (although they make a terrible army).
so, if we assume that the Doctor wanted to join the Chancellory Guard as a kid, we can totally understand Fivey’s motives, when he took Maxil’s appearance when he regenerated.))
My thoughts exactly and it still makes me kinda upset. It has been like a thousand times been established that Gallifrey had no soldiers before the Time War (which actually adds a lot more to the War in general, turning a peaceful race of scholars into soldiers).
Gallifrey has no need for an army. They just watch and decide to do nothing at all. And even if they decide to do something they’d send the Celestial Intervention Agency. But since you probably need to be damn good at the Academy to become an agent in the first place (or fuck up and be recruited forcibly like the 2nd Doctor in Season 6b), young Theta probably didn’t aspire for that.
So yeah… Chancellory Guard it is. Very likely. Or at least when we want to keep books, audio dramas and the whole tv show from 1963 till 2013 canon, it has to be the Chancellory Guard.
And they come with posh uniforms so… yeah, the Doctor has a point in that.
Wasn’t Gallifrey time-frozen in a pocket universe, and lost?… How is it now so accessible?
And why should one of the most advanced civilizations in the universe have barns like 1930 Kansas?…
And how many times is Moffat going to randomly shove Clara into the Doctor’s past timeline, desperately trying to make her “the most important companion of all time”?
And why is Moffat so obsessed with this “meet your love interest as a kid” thing?? It’s getting seriously creepy.
Rant about Listen under the cut I’m fuming
Truer words were seldom written.
Thank you so much. I thought I was alone with that opinion.
I need a Doctor Who AU where the Sheriff of Nottingham turns out to be the Ainley!Master. Ben Miller looks like Anthony Ainley. Owww, god!